Friday, February 10, 2012

Thrifting/Consignment Shopping in Mobile!

Hello everyone! I know...I know it's been a while since I've posted, but I hope to be more dedicated to my blog in 2012!

For those you know me, you will agree I'm a lover of fashion! I love to shop and definitely shop until I drop! I have been reading a few plus size fashion blogs lately, and I have noticed how these bloggers are going shopping at thrift and/or consignment stores. Now some might frown upon those stores just as I have done before. I mainly never shopped at the thrift or consignment store, because I could never find my size! But after reading Shapely Louise,   Cheap Chic and Curvy, Freshly Fatshionable, and many more; I realized my I should give thrifting one more try! So my friend and I went to Mobile, Alabama for the weekend a few weeks ago and decided to search for thrift and consignment stores. These are the stores we visited:
Penelope's Closet
63 North Florida Street, Mobile, AL 36607


Seconds on Sage
85 N Sage Ave, Mobile, AL 36607
Carol's Consignment Boutique
18 S Sage AveMobileAL 36606
Here are some pictures of our experience in Mobile!
      Our  shopping cart full of great deals!                                   


We even had Grandma out shopping for great deals!!!


We both manage to find some great jackets!

She was able to utilize her purchase later in the weekend! She found this Levi's Trucker Jacket, and fell in love! This jacket in retail stores is around $75 or more....she got it for $10!

Me and Britt tailgating at the Senior Bowl!

She also found this double-breasted fuchsia blazer for $15!

We both found fabulous deals and can't wait to go "thrifting" again!

Take care,
Chenille

2 comments:

  1. Chenille,

    I recently went thrifting for the first time in December. I had been looking for a cute blazer but wasn't able to find one in my price range. A friend suggested thrifting and I laughed. I laughed because I had never been fond of the idea of purchasing from a thrift store. I mentioned it my husband and he said lets go. His coworker encouraged him to try it. Long story short...I found three blazers and paid only $26 for all three. Alfred Dunnar and Casper were the brands of two of them. I will definitely continue to thrift. I enjoyed your blog!

    Tamekia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I felt the same way about thrift stores but you can find name brands at an awesome price! I found two blazers and one raincoat and you would have thought I won a prize!!! I hope to keep the topics interesting...take care!

      Delete